Annual leave that works for you.
Whether you want more time to take a trip away, or you have too much time on your hands, HolidayFlex helps you take control of your annual leave.
Purchase additional annual leave
HolidayFlex allows you to purchase extra annual leave in exchange for reductions in your gross pay, this means you get to enjoy more free time whilst benefiting from tax and National Insurance savings.
Sell annual leave*
By selling some of your unwanted annual leave back to your employer through HolidayFlex, you can benefit from increased pay instead of losing ununsed leave at the end of the year.*Your employer may not offer the option to sell annual leave.
Joining your employer’s scheme
To join your employer’s HolidayFlex scheme you will need their unique access code.
If you do not know your employer’s access code you should contact your HR department.
Alternatively contact our customer services team at email@example.com or call 0800 612 9015.
Already have an access code?
Enter your employer’s access code. This is sometimes referred to as a scheme reference number.
How does it work?
Buying additional annual leave
- Join HolidayFlex and order the amount of additiona annual leave you want to purchase (up to a maximum allowance set by your employer).
- The total cost of your order will be presented to you as a percentage reduction of your annual salary for you to agree to before submitting your order.
- Once your order has been approved by your employer the additional days will be added to your annual leave allowance for you to use in line with your employer’s annual leave policy.
- The cost of your additional annual leave will be deducted from your salary via salary sacrifice over the length of the agreement.
Selling annual leave*
- Join HolidayFlex and apply to sell some of your unused annual leave (within statutory limits) back to your employer.
- The total value of order will be presented to you as a percentage addition to your annual salary for you to agree to before submitting your order.
- Once your order has been approved by your employer, the number of sold days will be removed from your annual leave allowance.
- The value of the annual leave you have sold will be added to your salary via salary addition over the lenght of the agreement.
How much could I save when buying additional annual leave?
Your savings will depend on the number of additional days purchased and the amount of tax and National Insurance you normally pay.
The example below is based on a basic rate taxpayer earning £25,000 per annum*.
|Amount of additional holiday||Percentage of pay||Reduction in gross salary (over 12 months)||Reduction in your monthly net pay||Total reduction in net pay (over 12 months)||Overall saving|
|3 working days||1.15%||£287.50||£16.29||£195.50||£92.00|
Key benefits of joining a scheme
- Achieve a better work/life balance.
- Purchase additional leave to reduce the difficulties of school holiday childcare.
- Spread the cost of purchasing additional annual leave over 12 months.
- Benefit from unused annual leave by selling it back to your employer.*